Our free Google Ads Data Studio report can can be cloned and connected to your account in a few minutes!. It is a live report that updates daily, with an interactive calendar to change reporting date periods.
At the time of writing, Google Data Studio is still in beta as for most advertisers (non-paid edition). Finally, Google has an advanced reporting design tool for Google Ads (formerly AdWords). In Google’s defence (!)- they have now built a fantastic product- which can also be used with Google Analytics, as well as third-party systems like Facebook and Bing Ads. It is also possible to use multiple data sources in one report for a single view of your advertising and website.
After searching in Google for some premade templates to save us time setting these up, we only found one-page templates. Using these for inspiration we created a 10-page report that can be used on any AdWords account. This free 10+page template is available below to be downloaded and copied for your own dWords / Google Ads account. This free AdWords report template can also be downloaded as a PDF report, and be setup to be automatically emailed to you automatically on a weekly basis.
Copy our free Google Ads (formerly AdWords) Data Studio Report
Available on datastudio.google.com.
- If your company sells professional services Free Adwords [Lead Generation] Data Studio Report Template
- If your company sells products-: Free Adwords [E-commerce] Data Studio Report Template
Setup Instructions Installation Instructions
- Create a Dataset in Google Data Studio for Google AdWords. Create a data source for your
- account- and then update this report by replacing our data source with your own. The report will then show with your data- with the correct billing currency, etc.
- Copy Template after opening. Select File- Copy Report and then attach the dataset you just created.
- Connect your Google Ads Dataset to your new Data Studio report. Make sure the report and page settings include your dataset.
- Refresh. (See more detailed instructions at the bottom of the page.)
AdWords Report Pages
Page One- Live Dashboard Report of Google Data Studio for Adwords
The example screenshot of the pages is for lead generation. This is page1 of the 10-page Google Ads Data Studio report template.
The calendar in the top right-hand corner of each page can be changed- making the report live and dynamic for any date range.
Page 2 (tab two from the drop down list) is the Score Card KPI Summary. The calendar date ranges in the left-hand corner can be set for any date period. The score metrics will then adjust automatically for the selected date range.
On the right-hand side are fixed date widgets to show comparatives. These metrics include cost- and cost/converted click. This is for lead generation- but can be changed to cost/conversion value- which is the calculated metric for ROAS.
KPI Summary: Data Studio for AdWords
The date can be changed in the top right-hand corner. Below the date is comparatives that will automatically recalculated based on the calendar date range.
This has a summary of the campaigns. The table fields can be sorted like Excel by clicking on the header columns.
The Geo location report is organised by cities but can be changed to country level if you are targeting internationally. This is lead generation focused. You do need to change the map location to your target country or countries). See cost per lead/sale and cost by locations city or towns, or even international.
Hour of the Day Stats
The hour of the day report shows if performance varies by the hour of the day. Again useful for bid adjustments
Installation Instructions for Data Studio template.
Data Studio has three levels of settings, namely report level, page level and object level. Report level settings are inherited by the parent (page) and child (object elements). This makes the report level settings the grandfather- well, most of the time anyway…
This Google Ads template URL for Google Data Studio should be
- Create a new data source by choosing the new data source.
- Attach the new Data Source to the copied report.
- Update Report level settings. (If any widget objects are not updated- press refresh on the report).
- Go through the report and make sure that each page has the correct page settings
- If any widgets are still not updated- just click on these and remove data source. This should automatically update with your Google Ads data source. (you can also select your Google Ads data source).
Lead Generation vs. E-commerce installation
The report templates can accommodate both lead generation and e-commerce websites.
The tables do include some e-commerce metrics like total conversion value, and revenue/cost (ROAS).
If you have any questions, just let us know. I shall also be creating a YouTube video to run through the process of installation. This report template will be updated as Google includes more reports in the data sources